Anonymous and LulzSec Respond to Arrests of Alleged Hacktivists | NEWS ... - StumbleUpon
Anonymous and LulzSec Respond to Arrests of Alleged Hacktivists
On Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 14 people were arrested in connection with hacking attacks against PayPal after the company froze WikiLeaks funds and cut off the services for which they had been contracted by the international, award winning, journalism outlet. After intense pressure from governments, individual politicians, financial institutions, and corporate entities whose nefarious activities were threatened by the transparency created through WikiLeaks reporting, PayPal engaged in a financial siege against the journalists at WikiLeaks in order to aid in the protection of the unethical, and possibly illegal, secrets of governments, corporations, and banks.
This assault on freedom of speech and access to information generated a reaction from activists around the globe unwilling to accept this attack on the freedom of the press by governmental and corporate institutions. From the establishment of alternative conduits for funding for WikiLeaks, to assistance in the dissemination of WikiLeaks files through mirror sites and P2P exchanges, a global movement emerged to support the free flow of information made available through WikiLeaks.
In response to this assault on the people of the world, a number of activists felt the need to defend their right to access information regarding the actions that their governments take in the name of their citizenry, supposedly under the authority of the citizenry, and with the citizenry’s money. Many activists also recognized the need to protect themselves, and others, against the ongoing machinations of global corporate and financial institutions who had only recently taken, and continue to take, the global economy to the brink of collapse in order to generate profit and facilitate the accumulation of wealth and control in the hands of a very few.
Enter Anonymous and Lulzsec; a global network of digital ninjas that have dared to defy the power structures created by the global elite. The direct assault on democracy, and the rights of the citizens of this planet, by an authoritarian minority, was declared unacceptable and subsequent steps were taken to counter the oppressive censorship imposed by what seems to be a global, tyrannical regime.
In the same manner that humiliating smack-downs have been recently visited on Sony, HBGary Federal Security, The Times UK, and The Sun UK, among others; for their role in attempting to subvert the free flow of information, aid in the censorship of the free press, and violate the rights of the citizens of this planet, PayPal’s website was successfully interrupted. As a result, government agencies and law enforcement officials have been employed in order to attempt to reestablish control over the people and exert their ability to filter information to the general population.
To this end, a great deal of resources and manpower are being expended in order to try and catch water with a sieve. The protection against the exposure of governmental secrecy, financial malfeasance, and corporate subversion of democracy has become a paramount concern for global power brokers. Internet monitoring, telephone tapping, email snooping, and the general violation of all personal privacy has been employed in order to protect the privacy and secrecy of the self-appointed ruling class.
As the battle rages on, and blows are exchanged, Anonymous and Lulz Security continue to grow both in the general support they receive, as well as their effectiveness. These most recent arrests are the latest desperate attempt to curb an ongoing campaign that seems not only unfazed by this abuse of power, but rather draws strength from it.
The following statement was released early this morning in response to FBI arrests of alleged ‘hacktivists’ and is, reportedly, a joint statement from Anonymous and Lulz Security (LulzSec). Enjoy.
Share and Enjoy:
December 12, 2010 -- From Hacktivists To Spammers: Is Anonymous Failing?
July 9, 2011 -- Anonymous Goes Legit ? Introducing the Anon Political Party
July 19, 2011 -- An Anonymous Social Network: Brilliance or Bollocks?
July 5, 2011 -- Anonymous: Bigger, More Contentious, More Chaotic… but Better?
March 2, 2011 -- Will Anonymous Become the Great Equalizer?
March 13, 2011 -- Anonymous ‘OperationLeakS’ Exposes Bank of America Fraud Emails
May 2, 2011 -- Privacy, Freedom, and the All Seeing Eye: The Panopticon
April 26, 2011 -- WikiLeaks: Exposing American Apathy
July 2, 2011 -- WikiLeaks Taking Visa and MasterCard to Court
June 28, 2011 -- Greece Explodes as Global Capitalists Force Austerity: Police Violence Greets the Crowds
18 Comments for “Anonymous and LulzSec Respond to Arrests of Alleged Hacktivists”
+6 Vote -1 Vote +1novenator
July 21, 2011 - 10:50 am
The funny part is the authorities think they’ve nabbed the right folks!
+1 Vote -1 Vote +1Liam
July 21, 2011 - 5:05 pm
Yeah, Keystone Feds. lulz ; )
+4 Vote -1 Vote +1tzarni
July 23, 2011 - 4:29 pm
even if they did arrest the right people, you can lock up people but you can not stop an idea.
-6 Vote -1 Vote +1Thomas
July 23, 2011 - 6:06 pm
Do all your witty lines come from movies?
Can’t stop an idea? Really?
Communism was pretty well stopped. Hows that working out for Marxism?
Lets see, Nazism falls into that category.
You can pretty much rule out about a 1000 cults that tried to foster “an idea” that were unceremoniously stamped out of existence.
You think you’re being clever with your little quip which you didn’t think of yourself but took from some hollywood film, but you’re really just kinda a moron.
+2 Vote -1 Vote +1Dave
July 25, 2011 - 5:32 am
Yes ideas can be squashed. Guns and money are powerful when wielded by the greedy souless creatures who only appear to be human. But isn’t it funny how the idea that a human should be free to determine their own fate keeps popping up despite the numerous authoritarian regimes dead set against it. You named a few and let’s not forget the fundamentalist capitalists in the US and Europe.
+2 Vote -1 Vote +1Dave
July 25, 2011 - 9:49 am
Oh and nazism is still around, the 3rd reich was crushed but neo-nazi morons stiil exist. fascism is another “idea” that was crushed in italy but is still a potent and growing force in the good ole usa. obama for example is far coser to fascism than socialism despite what comen entertainers like limbaugh and beck spew.
+4 Vote -1 Vote +1anon
July 28, 2011 - 10:09 am
You forget the basis of ideals. Abolishment of Slavery, Women’s rights, Freedom of religion, speech, and equal opportunity.
You forget the lives that were given to support ideals and freedoms. Many have been tossed away for their beliefs that you probably hold dear to yourself today.
1. communism is still alive. China? maybe you haven’t ever heard of them. but they know kung fu and other cool stuff. you should look them up. over 20% of the worlds population.
2.Marxism is socialism. and as of February the U.N. is trying to establish what it calls a global “social protection floor.” so… i call that a socialist zombie to you mr thomas.
3. Nazism. ever been to prison? they are the white kids if you forgot. ran by the ideals of their fascist forefathers. which Fascism is quite popular among many countries. USA is a big one.
4. “Cult-A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.” seems like an idea that only they know about. how can you kill ideas of a few? how do you even know if they have the ideas?
5. what movie are you referring to? you have any knowledge of any movie? or what about google? google what he said. maybe that will tell you where his witty lines come from. Or do you just troll on people because they are inferior? Maybe you are just holding on to an ideal of others being inferior to your cretin self.
+2 Vote -1 Vote +1Idea
July 29, 2011 - 5:46 pm
I am an idea, try and kill me.
-4 Vote -1 Vote +1Glass
July 23, 2011 - 5:44 pm
Anonymous and Lulzsec need to disband themselves, they are doing nothing good for the country. If the government arrests even the small kids, then it may discourage other kids from trying to be a tough guy on the internet.
+2 Vote -1 Vote +1anon
July 28, 2011 - 10:18 am
You forget that your country isn’t important without the world. they are doing good across the whole world. Just because you are stuck in a fascist country and you cant see that they control your life and you dont care to stand up, doesn’t mean the rest of the world should suffer. consiter this the beginnign to ww3 with the internet being the protocol for attacks. this is just the beginning of a long road where small kids turn to Behemoth Giants equipping themselves for what you will obviously be bending over for.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
- ► 2008 (41)
- ► 2009 (71)
- ► 2010 (1360)
- Le Figaro - Santé : «E.coli» : les scénarios de co...
- le Boucan clan | Marseille, FR | World/Reggae | Mu...
- Les 'Trois Grands' - Quand les hommes vivront d'am...
- Campagne d’abonnements : les infos — Sporting Club...
- History of Corsica in 10 minutes
- Cuisine Corse, traditions culinaires, spécialités ...
- Cuisine de Provence-Côte-d'Azur, traditions, spéci...
- È cusì, Dìu creò u pòpulu Corsu.
- Dailymotion - A FILETTA -Pè 'ssu dumane- In l'abbr...
- Sapeur Pompier de France.wmv
- Incendies en Corse Aullène - O Cari (Feli)
- la meteo
- Dis Papy, c'est quoi un Adjudant ? humour du matin...
- actualités: Arles, Charlotte Charbonnel au musée R...
- polémiques au sujet des deux journalistes libérés ...
- A DROGA FORA ! (Illusioni-Mimoria Tramandata)
- BERTHE SYLVA - LES ROSES BLANCHES + LYRICS
- Les Paradis fiscaux en 7 vers illustres | Oh, to b...
- Chaque utilisateur de mobile est un informateur po...
- I Corsi visti da i Corsi
- Festival de musiques classique et contemporaine en...
- I MESSAGERI sur zikpot©
- Courrier des lecteurs / « Il faut arrêter d'emmerd...
- Octobre 1768, Borgu : défaite militaire française....
- la mamie n'a pas tord , on ne connaissais pas "les...
- I Muvrini-Aspettami
- Recrutement | LesNews
- BALLADE EN CORSE AVEC JACKY MICAELLI
- canta cu me
- Définition de l'empathie
- avis sur la tuerie d'oslo par mon amie et que je p...
- les infos en ligne du tueur norvégien -traduction ...
- fausse prime d'aide aux vacances CAF ! fraude Att...
- Twitter et Facebook dans le viseur du Pentagone - ...
- Dailymotion - Amy winehouse - back to black - une ...
- Dailymotion - AMY WINEHOUSE Rehab - a Musique vide...
- Corsica Infurmazione - Corse – « La loi du Buzz » ...
- MME HUMMEL : UNE ELUE UMP EN BETON | A Manca
- Mélissia's Art: Fresque pizzeria Le Caveau à Hilsp...
- A message to PayPal, its customers, and our friend...
- Le site web de l'Elysée piraté
- Culture: War or Peace? Cost of war "It takes a tol...
- CANTO CORSO - YouTube
- Nos ancetres : I Corsi
- LA BOUSSOLE | "Pour eux, c'est une crise financièr...
- Tsunami japonais à l'intérieur d'une voiture
- ENOUGH!: Anonymous Message to The People of The Wo...
- Anonymous and LulzSec Respond to Arrests of Allege...
- ▼ July (50)
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2015 (66)